13D Antarctic Classic In Depth
13-day Antarctic cruises from USD $6,299 per person.
Trip prices DO NOT include international airfare & airport taxes.
Like our ‘11D Antarctica Classic', this 13-day expedition introduces you to the magic of the South Shetland Islands and the Antarctic Peninsula, but adds on two additional days to better explore its majesty. Part of the reward of arriving in Antarctica is the challenge of negotiating the Drake Passage—and the MS Expedition will bring you there safely. Encounter leopard seals lazing on ice floes and immense rookeries of penguins surrounded by towering glaciers. The Expedition’s expert guides and lecturers offer knowledge and insight that really bring the nature and history of the region to life, creating the adventure of a lifetime.
Arrive in Ushuaia at any time. Enjoy the sights and sounds of the world's most southerly city.
Enjoy a free morning in Ushuaia. Do any last minute shopping, explore the town or the surrounding countryside. Embarkation on the MS Expedition begins in the afternoon at the port in Ushuaia. Enjoy the evening sailing through the Beagle Channel.
The adventure begins with a 800km (497 mi) crossing of the passage named in honour of 16th-century English sea captain and privateer Sir Francis Drake. The ship is at home in this part of the Southern Ocean. Take in daily lectures from the expedition team and keep an eye out for sightings of icebergs, whales, and albatross following in the Expedition's wake.
With a total of six days to explore the worlds most southerly ecosystem, there's more time to encounter the unique wildlife and awe-inspiring scenery of the Antarctic. Our goal is to get ashore twice per day to encounter penguin rookeries, get a good look at the variety of seal species, and keep an eye out for the whales that feed in the peninsula's cold, fertile waters.
Begin the journey north to the home port of Ushuaia. Review the highlights of the Antarctic experience with the lecturers and staff. Keep your eyes open on the observation deck for some last-minute whale sightings.
Disembark the Expedition after breakfast.
Price per person in USD dollars
- USD $7,999 ~ Category 2 Adult Twin
- USD $8,999 ~ Category 3 Adult Twin
- USD $9,499 ~ Category 4 Adult Twin
- USD $11,299 ~ Category 5 Adult Double
- Arrival transfer from airport in Ushuaia to hotel.
- 01 night accommodation with breakfast in Ushuaia.
- 11 nights aboard the MS Expedition.
- Zodiac cruises and shore landings with our expert expedition team.
- Lectures and educational programs.
- Waterproof boots supplied for men's USA sized 8-14 & women's USA sized 3-9.
- Expedition Parka.
- Antarctica destination guide book.
- All meals included aboard the MS Expedition. Breakfast included at the hotel.
- Twin-share hotel (1 night), aboard the MS Expedition in quad, triple, twin cabins, or suites (all with en suite bathrooms and porthole or window) (11 nights). Please note that all cabins consist of twin-size berths and are ocean-facing. Suites have one queen-size bed.
- MS Expedition, Zodiac, private bus.
- One Expedition team member per 10 guests.
- International flights, airport departure taxes, international departure transfer
- Visas where required
- Meals not included in the itinerary
- Drinks and tips while on the ship
- Insurance, laundry, any optional tours or activities during free time, tips, items of a personal nature
- Nov 18-30, 2015
- Dec 08-20, 2015