6D Iceland – Volcanoes & Glaciers
Discover South Iceland: Volcanoes, Glaciers, Hot springs and Icebergs
Iceland is one of the most geologically young and volcanically active areas in the world.
Our popular Volcanoes and Glaciers tour gives you the perfect opportunity to discover the magic of these wonders, and the magnificent natural landscapes that surrounds them. The tour covers the major attractions of the south including the infamous Eyjafjallajokull volcano, glaciers, geysers and waterfalls as well as the beautiful Westman islands.
Witness and discover the marvels of mother nature in its purest form!
- All departures are guaranteed with min. of 2 participants
- Maximum group size: 32 people
- Visit South Iceland's main attractions
Arrive in Reykjavik. After immigration and custom clearance you will be met by our representative and transfer to the hotel for your rest.
If your flight lands early in the day we recommend taking the time to explore Reykjavík, the largest municipality in Iceland.
Reykjavík is the natural starting point for any visit to Iceland, and not undeservedly so. The capital is world-renowned for its culture, history, and natural beauty on all fronts.
Ingolfur Arnarson, the first settler of Iceland built his farm on the peninsula where Reykjavík stands today. The town got its name “Smoky Bay” after the columns of steam that rose from the hot springs in the area and made such a deep impression on the first settlers.
In the evening, you can choose from a multitude of restaurants and/or coffee-houses to get better acquainted with Iceland's capital.
Overnight at Iceland Hotel Reykjavik Natura in Reykjavik or similar.
Lava Fields – Puffin Island – Magnificent lava fields
We travel along the south coast to Landeyjahofn harbor. After arriving at the pier at Bakkafjara we take a 30-minute ferry ride to the Westman Islands. Once there, we will explore Heimaey, the largest island in the Westman Islands archipelago. Other adventures of the day include: a visit to the puffins in Storhofdi, a walk up to the crater of a volcano that erupted only three decades ago, visiting Eldheimar Museum and exploring flora of the new lava field. Afternoon at leisure to explore the island on your own.
Overnight in the Westman Islands.
Restless Volcanoes – Folk Museum
We take the ferry back from the Westman Islands and travel further on along the south shore noting the numerous glacial rivers on route to Skogar and Skogafoss waterfalls. We visit with the farmers of Thorvaldseyri Farm located at the foot of the world famous Eyjafjallajokull volcano that last erupted in the spring of 2010. A visitor's center/family run exhibit was opened in spring 2011 where guests can view a 20-minute film about the spectacular natural event.
Our next stop will be at the Skogar Folk Museum before continuing on, passing Solheimajokull Glacier to the black Reynisfjara beach.
Dinner and overnight stay in Vik/Kirkjubaejarklaustur area for the next 2 nights.
Europe's Largest National Park and Glacier – Glacial Lagoon with Icebergs
We cross Eldhraun, the largest mass of lava ever to flow on the face of the Earth before reaching the small town Kirkjubaejarklaustur, a former site of a 12th-century Catholic convent.
Onwards to Skaftafell National Park, one of Iceland's most outstanding areas of natural beauty.
We continue to the stunning Jokulsarlon Glacial Lagoon to see floating icebergs and possibly curious seals. Throughout the day we are afforded magnificent views of the mighty Vatnajökull Glacier.
Back to Vík.
Dinner and overnight in Vik/Kirkjubaejarklaustur area.
Exploding Geysers – The beautiful Golden Falls – National Park with Geological Wonders (UNESCO)
We head for the Geysir hot spring area to see the famous great Geysir as well as Strokkur, a hot spring that spouts every few minutes.
Onwards we travel to Gullfoss one of Iceland’s most impressive waterfalls.
Our next stop is Thingvellir National Park, where the ancient parliament met for centuries on the shores of Iceland’s largest lake, before heading back to Reykjavik.
Overnight in Reykjavik.
Rise early in the morning and check out.
Board Flybus Airport Shuttle Bus for the Keflavik International Airport for flight check-in for your departure flight.
Singapore (SIN) to Reykjavik (KEF)
- AY 0082 SIN/HEL 23.35/06.15*
- AY 0651 HEL/OSL 07.35/08.10
- AY 6819 OSL/KEF 14.05/15.45
- AY 0082 SIN/HEL 23.35/06.15*
- AY 6817 HEL/KEL 14.20/15.55
Reykjavik (KEF) to Singapore (SIN)
- AY 6814 KEL/ARN 07.35/11.30
- AY 0642 ARN/HEL 14.10/16.10
- AY 0081 HEL/SIN 23.55/17.30*
- AY 6816 KEL/HEL 07.30/12.55
- AY 0081 HEL/SIN 23.55/17.30*
Indicative airfare & taxes ex-Singapore
- SGD $802 per person ~ airfare on Finnair
- SGD $583 per person ~ ex-SIN airport taxes, fuel surcharge & security taxes (as of Mar 01, 2015)
|Price per person in EUR €|
6D5N Iceland - Volcanoes & Glaciers
|Valid from May 01 - Sep 30, 2016|
|Fixed Departure Guided Tours in 2016||TWN||SGL|
|June, July & August||1358||1751|
|Children 6-11 years sharing a room and/or traveling with a guardian will receive 25% discount from the listed price, valid when one child shares a double room with 2 adults.
It is not recommended for children under 5 years old to travel on scheduled tours.
|Land prices do not include airfare and airport taxes to/from Reykjavik.|
- Arrival/departure airport transfers at Keflavík International Airport at Reykjavik
- 4-day guided tour as per itinerary from/to Reykjavík
- Accommodation 2 nights w/breakfast and w/facilities in Reykjavík
- Accommodation 3 nights w/breakfast and w/facilities in countryside
- 2 dinners in the countryside (Day 03 and Day 04)
- Entrance to Eldheimar Museum (Day 02)
- Roundtrip ferry fare to Westman Islands (Day 02)
- Entrance to Skogar Folk Museum (Day 03)
- Entrance to Eyjafjallajokull Visitor Center (Day 03)
- Jokulsarlon boat tour (Day 04)
- All flights and airport taxes between Singapore and Reykjavik (please see our recommended flights and indicative airfare and taxes)
- Blue Lagoon entrance, bathing fee and towel.
- All beverages.
- Other meals, unless indicated in the itinerary.
- Optional tours / activities.
- All services not specially listed under "Inclusions"
2016 Departure Dates
- May 01, 2016
- May 08
- May 15
- May 22
- Jun 05
- Jun 12
- Jun 26
- Jul 03
- Jul 10
- Jul 17
- Jul 24
- Jul 31
- Aug 07
- Aug 14
- Sep 04
- Sep 11
- Sep 18
- Sep 25, 2016