Cambodia Biking Adventure
USD $2,650 per rider; single supplement USD $665; bike hire USD $180
Trip price DOES NOT include international airfares and airport taxes.
Our journey takes us through the highlights of Cambodia’s cultural heritage as well as its landscape. From the foothills of the Cardamon mountains we ride into rural Cambodia, discover the colonial outpost of Battambang, journey by boat across the Tonle Sap and ride through the world-renowned temples of Angkor.
From there we explore the charms of Phnom Penh, before riding back south to the former French resort town of Kep and having a day to relax on the beach in Sihanoukville before a final day of cycling to Kirirom National Park.
- Cycling among the ruins of Angkor beneath the high shade of towering gum trees
- Tropical island and beaches of the South
- Quiet back roads of rural Cambodia
- The constant laughter of the Khmer people
Depart from Bangkok and transfer to border with Cambodia and then ride to Pailin set in the attractive Chour Phnom Kravanh foothills.
We saddle up and ride through rural Cambodia along red dirt roads east to Battambang, a sleepy backwater full of a faded colonial buildings and charm.
If water levels permit, today‘s journey is by boat across the Tonle Sap towards the lost city of Angkor.
We ride to the Angkor Temple complex before starting the Grand Circuit, stopping at each major temple area. At sunset we return to the temples by car for a sunset view from Phnom Bakheng.
We enter the temple complex by a much quieter gate and then ride into the countryside and we turn off the main tourist road to Banteay Srei, visiting Banteay Samre on the way.
After a transfer to near Kampong Thom and the ancient temple site of Sambor Prey Kuk we saddle up and ride between the temples by bicycle. After lunch we have a beautiful ride through paddy fields and small villages before a transfer to Phnom Penh.
Early risers can cycle with the guides for a tour taking in Toel Sleng and the Killing Fields. The afternoon and evening are free to explore Phnom Penh.
We start our long ride south into Cambodia’s rural heartland. We ride on good roads with all manner of beast and other means of transportation, stopping at Tonle Bati, an Angkor period temple still in good repair.
From Taeko we ride along country back roads before eventually reaching the old French resort town of Kep at the Gulf of Thailand.
Today is a semi rest day with the option of heading over to Rabbit Island to see an unspoilt tropical paradise, relaxing before meeting up for a picnic lunch. In the afternoon it’s a short ride to Kampot.
Riding along the coast in the shadow of Bokor mountain we pass numerous fishing villages and ride through beautiful rural rice fields before heading south to the beach at Sihanounkville.
Today is up to you: chill out at the beach in Sihanoukville or take the bike and explore the town and countryside.
We transfer to Kirirom National Park where we have quite a challenging 20 km ride to a waterfall and lunch.
Day 14 / Kirirom - Phnom Penh - Departure
We transfer back to Phnom Penh where the tour concludes. Direct flights are available back to Bangkok.
We ride just over 600 km mostly on a mixture of tarmac roads in reasonable repair and red vehicle width dirt trails. Most of the rides are on flat terrain, except day 1 and 2 where the road does undulate but nothing too difficult, through some very pretty and interesting countryside.
Outside of Phnom Penh traffic is light and we often share the roads with ox carts and other cyclists. The trip is point-to-point and fully supported by air-con minibus (number of vehicles depend on size of group) and will shadow us for the entire journey.
This ride is mainly on quiet back roads and we try to avoid the highways where possible. Getting out of Phnom Penh will require caution and this section can be transferred for anyone who does not feel comfortable.
Price per person in USD dollars
- USD $2,650 ~ Adult Twin
- USD $665 ~ Single Supplement
- USD $180 ~ Bike Hire
- 623 Kilometres
Number of Days
- 14 days / 13 nights
Number of Cycling Days
- 6 full-days and 4 half-days.
- This tour follows a mix of asphalt roads and vehicle-width dirt roads, which may be smooth, gritty, stony, rocky, rutted, loose or hard-packed.
- Entire trip supported by air-con mini van to carry cyclist, luggage and bikes.
- Min. 02; Max. 16.
- 18 years on scheduled departures
- Cycling leader plus English-speaking Cambodian guide, drivers and assistants.
- For groups of 10 or more a Cambodian bike guide also joins.
- 06 nights in 3-star hotels, 06 nights in tourist class hotels, 01 night in guesthouse.
- All hotels have en suite facilities and a/c, except 02 nights fan and shared facilities.
- Whenever possible we try to use hotels with charm and local character.
- All meals are included from lunch on Day 01 to lunch on Day 14 except lunches on Days 07 and 12, and dinners on Days 04, 07 and 12.
- 3 out of 5
- 4 out of 5
** Please note that the boat trip from Battembang to Siem Reap may not happen if the water levels are too low.
14 Days/13 nights starting in Bangkok, and finishing in Phnom Penh
- Oct 02-16, 2016
- Dec 04-18, 2016
- Jan 29 - Feb 11, 2017
- May 28 - Jun 10, 2017
- Sep 24 - Oct 07, 2017
- Dec 03-16, 2017
- Jan 28 - Feb 10, 2018
- May 27 - Jun 09, 2018
- Sep 23 - Oct 06, 2018
- Dec 02-15, 2018
- Private departures ~ Contact us with your departure dates and group size