Diving @ Mabul Water Bungalows
Mabul Water Bungalows is a 4-Star floating dive resort located at Mabul Island overlooking the world-known Sipadan Island, just 15-minutes away by speedboat.
There are sixteen (16) stilted wooden-type bungalows entirely built over water offering sheer comfort. Each bungalow is exquisitely furnished with contemporary decor, equipped with remote control air-conditioner, ceiling fan, private bathroom with hot/cold shower and toilet, colour TV with satellite channels, mini bar, in-room safety box, and a spacious private balcony offering panoramic vistas of the blue sea.
Facilities include a large and airy restaurant for dining, a souvenirs shop selling a variety of t-shirts, accessories and gifts, a business centre, a dive centre, a health spa outlet, and an office taking care all the guests' registration, billings.
Diving at Mabul
Diving is offered at Sipadan Island, Si Amil, Roach Reef, Mataking, Ligitan, Kapalai and of course, Mabul. Mabul in contrast to Sipadan is a continuation of the Borneo landmass rather than the top of an underwater mountain. Because of this, Mabul has more gradually sloping walls around it that bottom out at about 30m. The attractions on Mabul are of the smaller variety such as lobster, crocodile fish, moray and garden eels. This makes it an ideal location for macro-photo opportunities.
Sipadan is the tip of a mountain with steep underwater walls all around it. These walls drop to 300m on the Mabul side of the island and 600m on the south side. Diving on Sipadan is all drift diving, divers drop in and cruise with the current along the walls. This combination of deep walls and ocean currents provides the ideal environment for pelagic such as sharks and large schools of jacks and barracuda.
Entry Permit to Sipadan Island
Please be informed that all daily entry to dive or visit to Sipadan Island will be subject to approval by the Sabah Parks Management, which is in control of issuing the entry permit. The total number of divers or visitors allowed to visit Sipadan Island is restricted now to 120 pax per day.
Our resort has been allocated 14 quotas each day out of the 120 pax. Due to this limited quotas, our Sales Office in Kota Kinabalu under Explore Asia Tours Sdn Bhd will arrange only for divers who stay 5 nights at standalone chalets and water bungalows to have 1-day diving at Sipadan Island. Please note there is no first come first serve basis.
The fee for Entry Permit to Sipadan Island is RM40.00 per person per day for divers, non-divers, visitors and children. This entry permit fee has to be paid on the spot, in the resort.
As for guests who are staying at standard chalet based on our NON-Sipadan Package, the permit for the trip to Sipadan is NOT GUARANTEED.
Or you have the option to buy Sipadan permit based on the market price. This is subject to availability. For further information, please contact us.
We will not be held responsible for not being able to provide a trip to Sipadan owing to the conservation measures by the Government.
However, should the entry permit to Sipadan Island is not been approved, we can offer an alternative trip to nearby islands such as Kapalai, Mabul and Mataking where there are no restrictions on these islands.
- Night boat diving costs RM106 per diver/per boat for a group of 03 or more divers, and RM286 per dive/per boat for 01-02 divers
- Returns transfers between: Tawau/Semporna Jetty/Mabul Water Bungalows by van and speedboat
- 05 nights in Bungalow-type accommodation on twin-sharing basis with attached bathroom and the facilities of hot shower and the comfort of air-conditioning
- All food and hot beverage while at the resort (excludes alcoholic, fruit juice and carbonated soft drinks)
- 03 combination guided boat dives per day on Mabul, Kapalai or nearby islands (except on arrival & departure days)
- Unlimited unguided 'buddy diving' on Mabul Island's house reefs
- Use of tanks with air, weights and weight belt
- 01 day guaranteed diving at Sipadan Island (excludes Entry Permit Fee, and requires a package with min. 5-night continuous stay at the resort)
- All airfare and airport taxes to/from Tawau
- All dive equipment rental
- All other consumption like alcoholic, fruit juice and carbonated soft drinks
- Tips & gratuities for Resort staff & dive crew