Diving @ Sipadan-Mabul Resort (SMART)
The Sipadan Mabul Resort, or SMART as it is known locally, sits ideally on 10 acres of prime real estate on the southern shore of the island of Mabul. It's all chalets on a sandy white beach, dotted with coconut palms.
Mabul is truly blessed with its prime location with its world-renowned macro scuba havens, is near to diving at nearby Sipadan Island, and that of Kapalai.
Sipadan Mabul Resort is perhaps the best equipped of the resorts here for non-diver activities. It has its own swimming pool and there are sea kayaks available for when you're feeling energetic and fancy having a look around the island by sea. The resort also has free wi-fi available for guests and if you are a single person you can share a room with another guest.
If you want to get in touch with local cultures and people, the nearby fishing village provides a great venue for meeting and getting to know the locals.
6-day, 5-night Itinerary
Arrive Tawau Airport - transfer to jetty for boat transfer to Sipadan Mabul Resort.
3 guided boat dives a day.
Transfer to Tawau or to the airport.
Please be informed that all daily entry to dive or visit to Sipadan Island will be subject to approval by the Sabah Parks Management, which is in control of issuing the entry permit. The total number of divers or visitors allowed to visit Sipadan Island is restricted now to 120 pax per day.
Our resort has been allocated 14 quotas each day out of the 120 pax. Due to this limited quotas our Sales Office in Kota Kinabalu under Explore Asia Tours Sdn Bhd will arrange only for divers who stay 5 nights at standalone chalets and water bungalows to have 1 day diving at Sipadan Island. Please note there is no first come first serve basis.
The fee for Entry Permit to Sipadan Island is RM40.00 per person per day for divers, non-divers, visitors and children. This entry permit fee has to be paid on the spot, in the resort.
As for guests who are staying at standard chalet based on our NON-Sipadan Package, the permit for trip to Sipadan is NOT GUARANTEED.
Or you have the option to buy Sipadan permit based on the market price. This is subject to availability. For further information, please contact us.
We will not be held responsible for not being able to provide a trip to Sipadan owing to the conservation measures by the Government.
However, should the entry permit to Sipadan Island is not been approved, we can offer an alternative trip at nearby islands such as Kapalai, Mabul and Mataking where there are no restrictions on these islands.
Other Resort Activities
- NAUI/PADI Diving Courses (from Open Water to Divemaster level)
- Scuba Skills Refresher Course
- Discover Scuba Diving
- Technical Diving Courses
- Nitrox Diving
- NAUI/PADI Specialty Courses
- Beach Volley Ball
- Diving trip at nearby island
- Table Tennis
- Ocean kayak
- Beach Volley Ball
|Price per person in USD|
6D5N Diving Sipadan Mabul Resort (SMART Divers' Resort)
|Valid from Apr 01, 2017 to Mar 31, 2018.|
|Extension night (includes 3 guided day boat dives for Divers)||366||244||329||219||110|
|Extension night (includes 3 guided day boat dives for Divers)||492||328||455||303||194|
|*CHD is Child between 4 and 12 years old.|
|Note One day of diving at Sipadan Island is only guaranteed for divers who have booked a package of 5 nights continuous stay at the resort.|
- Night boat diving costs RM106 per diver/per boat for a group of 03 or more divers, and RM286 per dive/per boat for 01-02 divers
- Returns transfers between: Tawau/Semporna Jetty/Sipadan-Mabul Resort by van and speedboat
- 05 nights in standalone chalet on twin-sharing basis with attached bathroom and the facilities of hot shower and the comfort of air-conditioning
- All food and hot beverage while at the resort (excludes alcoholic, fruit juice and carbonated soft drinks)
- 03 combination guided boat dives per day on Mabul, Kapalai or nearby islands (except on arrival & departure days)
- Unlimited jetty diving on Mabul Island's house reefs
- Use of tanks with air, weights and weight belt
- 01 day guaranteed diving at Sipadan Island (excludes Entry Permit Fee, and requires a package with min. 5-night continuous stay at the resort)
- All airfare and airport taxes to/from Tawau
- All dive equipment rental
- All other consumption like alcoholic, fruit juice and carbonated soft drinks
- Tips & gratuities for Resort staff & dive crew