Diving Virgin Cocoa with Extra Divers | ADEX Specials
The resort can be now reached by plane directly from Balikpapan! The exclusive Extradivers charter flight will be operated by Garuda Indonesia’s ATR-72 aircraft with 65 seats, directly from Balikpapan to Maratua and back. You will be picked up from the airport to Maratua harbour and the boat transfer to Nunukan Island takes 5 -10 minutes only.
Set in the midst of the Celebes Sea, situated at the south end of the Maratua Atoll, shines this small heavenly island gem with hundreds of coconut trees, pristine white sandy beaches, which raises the pulse of yoga enthusiasts, divers, romantics and also those seeking peace and quiet. Welcome to Virgin Cocoa - a tropical hideaway island.
Price per person in SGD
Superior Beach Bungalow
- $2,450 per person in Double occupancy
- Min. 2 persons to go
Terms and Conditions
- Book by Apr 30, for travel up to Dec 31, 2018, subject to availability
- Deposit of SGD 100 per diver is payable at ADEX
- 30% of dive package is payable by Fri, Apr 13, 2018
- Balance payment must be made by Mon, Apr 30, 2018
- Return Balikpapan/Maratua airfare; charters are on Saturdays only.
- Boat transfers to Resort.
- 7 nights' (Sat to Sat) twin-share accommodation in Superior Beach Bungalow
- Full board meals
- 10 house-reef dives, belt, tank, weights & guide
- Additional dive excursions such as night dive, diving at further dive sites
- Nitrox fills
- Dive equipment rental
- All personal expenditure like soft/hard drinks, phone calls, laundry, massages, tipping, etc.
Extras payable locally
A surcharge will be applied in addition to the House-reef dive package for the following trips …
- €10 per dive ~ Early morning or sunset/night dive (before 07.30 or after 17.00)
- €30 per diver ~ Half-day trip “Muaras” (2 dives)
- €15 per diver ~ Half-day trip “South Maratua” (2 dives)
- €20 per diver ~ Half-day trip “Big Fish Country” (2 dives)
- €40 per diver ~ Day trip “Sangalaki & Kakaban” (2-3 dives)
- €6 per tank ~ Nitrox tank (on request)
- €2 per tank ~ 15-litre tank (subject to availability)
- €40 per diver ~ Extra day trip to Sangalaki & Kakaban (min. 4 persons to go)
- €45 per dive ~ Private guide (max. 2 persons per guide, subject to availability)
Dive equipment rental
- €22 per day ~ full set dive equipment including wetsuit, BCD, regulators, computer, mask, snorkel, fins, SMB, Reefhook.
Chartered flights to/from Maratua on Saturdays only
Operated on Garuda Indonesia’s ATR-72 aircraft with 65 seats.
Flight schedule. Balikpapan (BPN); Maratua (MRT)
As for connecting flights, we recommend …
- Arrival on Saturday morning in Jakarta, for example by QR0958 @07.50 or SQ950 @07.05. Connect with GA570 @10.15 from Jakarta, arrival Balikpapan 13.30.
- Arrive Friday evening with Singapore Airlines in Balikpapan, and the next day fresh and relaxed to Nabucco.
- From Balikpapan with GA571 @17.55, arrival Jakarta 19.00,
- Or more comfortably, GA575 @20.00 from Balikpapan, arrival Jakarta 21.00.
- On Monday, for example, continue with Singapore Airlines to Singapore.
Of course, a stay at Samboja Lodge (orangutans) in Balikpapan is still recommended.
Luggage can be checked through from Jakarta to Maratua and back.
As this is a charter flight it is only bookable through us and not found online.
Our midweek shuttle boat service will remain.
- Arrival Berau-Nabucco on Wednesday, the boat will leave Berau at 15.00 or earlier if everybody is there already. If there is some waiting time our driver will take the guests to a hotel lobby where they can wait comfortably with AC, WC and wifi.
- Departure Nabucco-Berau on Tuesday, the boat leaves the island early morning to connect with GA693 @11.00.
Deposit and Balance Payment
- Deposit of SGD 200 per diver is payable immediately
- Balance payment must be made by Apr 30, 2018.
Cocoa Virgin Resort
On the east coast of Borneo, in the Sulawesi Sea, 18 double bungalows were built on a private island. Around the island, there are sandy beaches. Due to the tides, swimming is sometimes only possible at the boat bridge. The exotic resort combines nature charm with a family atmosphere. The construction of this small paradise was based on vegetation,
not the other way around. Ecological aspects influenced the building considerably.
Virgin Cocoa has a restaurant, spa, swimming pool and plenty of space for rest and relaxation. The island has a beautiful sandy beach and a gigantic house reef.
There are 18 bungalows on the island. There are two categories. Superior and Deluxe. The superior rooms offer a beautiful view of the neighboring island of Nabucco's Nunukan. The deluxe rooms offer sea views. The rooms have all the amenities you could imagine (hairdryer, air conditioning, quality hygiene items, water cookers, organic teas, still water). The deluxe rooms also have a coffee maker. Between the deluxe bungalows hammocks invite you to relax.
Catering & Culinary
Half board: rich breakfast and evening multi-course menu.
Full board: lunch à la carte
Unique cross-over kitchen. Vegan, vegetarian but also fish and meat are on the menu daily. The fruit and vegetables come partly from the own garden. Quiet water is available all day for free.
At the resort is only cash (Euro or Indonesian Rupiah) possible.
Perfectly integrated into nature, no tree was fallen during construction. Hot water via solar system, ecological sewage treatment and composting plant, rain water treatment plant.