Journey to the Antarctic Peninsula
15-day Antarctic cruise from USD $9,799 per person.
Trip prices DO NOT include international airfare & airport taxes.
Fierce, cold and stunningly beautiful—explorers since Shackleton have grappled with the contrasts of the Weddell Sea. Experience this ultimate Antarctic landscape on a 15-day adventure that defines 'once in a lifetime.' Cross the Drake Passage to the eastern side of the Antarctic Peninsula, the Weddell Sea—this less-visited region of Antarctica is the planet's clearest sea and the birthing ground of incredible tabular icebergs. Two attempted shore landings each day means more potential sightings of leopard seals, whales and thriving colonies of roosting penguins. Be a part of history as you embrace Shackleton's spirit. This isn't a polar cruise—it's an adventure.
Arrive at any time, arrival transfer included. Enjoy the sights and sounds of the world's most southerly city.
Embarkation on the MS Expedition begins late in the afternoon, around 4:00PM at the port in Ushuaia. Enjoy the evening sailing through the Beagle Channel.
Your adventure begins with an 800km (497mi) crossing of the passage named in honour of 16th-century English sea captain and privateer Sir Francis Drake. The ship is at home in this part of the Southern Ocean. Take in daily lectures from your expedition team, and keep an eye out for your first sightings of icebergs, whales and albatross following in the Expedition's wake.
Sail to the Antarctic Peninsula's less-visited eastern side. The Weddell Sea is as stunning as it is remote; this is where Ernest Shackleton's ship Endurance came to her end (and where your polar adventure begins). Head south and explore the ice edge from the safety of our ice class expedition vessel, encountering truly astounding tabular icebergs and numerous species of penguin, seal and whale along the way. You'll have 8 days to explore the region, giving you the longest possible time in this magnificent part of the world.
Begin your northbound journey to your home port of Ushuaia. Review the highlights of your Antarctic experience with our lecturers and staff, and keep your eyes open on the observation deck for some last-minute whale sightings.
Disembark in the morning.
Price per person in USD dollars
- USD $9,799 ~ Category 1A Adult Quad
- USD $10,499 ~ Category 1 Adult Triple
- USD $12,999 ~ Category 3 Adult Twin
- USD $13,999 ~ Category 4 Adult Twin
- USD $15,499 ~ Category 5 Adult Double
- Arrival transfer from airport in Ushuaia to hotel.
- 01 night accommodation with breakfast in Ushuaia.
- 13 nights aboard the MS Expedition.
- Zodiac cruises and shore landings with our expert expedition team.
- Lectures and educational programs.
- Waterproof boots supplied.
- Expedition Parka.
- Antarctica destination guide book.
- All meals included aboard the MS Expedition. Breakfast included at the hotel.
- Twin-share hotel (1 night), aboard the MS Expedition in quad, triple, twin cabins, or suites (all with en suite bathrooms and porthole or window) (13 nights). Please note that all cabins consist of twin-size berths and are ocean-facing. Suites have one queen-size bed.
- MS Expedition, Zodiac, private bus.
- One Expedition team member per 10 guests.
- International flights, airport departure taxes, international departure transfer
- Visas where required
- Meals not included in the itinerary
- Drinks and tips while on the ship
- Insurance, laundry, any optional tours or activities during free time, tips, items of a personal nature
- Dec 19, 2015 - Jan 02, 2016