Short Visit to Bhutan
This short 4-day sojourn allows you to catch a glimpse of the Kingdom of Bhutan and the many surprises this beautiful Himalayan country has to offer.
Visit centuries-old dzongs and monuments including the Taktsang (Tiger's Nest) Monastery. Catch a glimpse as to why Bhutan is considered one of the happiest places on earth.
3N Short Visit to Bhutan
The flight to Paro must be one of the most spectacular mountain flights in the world, with a constantly changing panorama of some of the highest mountains on earth. On this flight the views of the Everest, Kanchen Junga and other Himalayan peaks, including the sacred Jumolhari and Jichu Drakey in Bhutan are simply awesome.
After clearing immigration and customs you will be greeted by your guide and driver and transferred to Bhutan’s capital Thimphu, travelling through the spectacular countryside en-route.
Enjoy the remainder of the day, and the next morning, to explore Thimphu, both by vehicle and on foot. Visits include the Golden Buddha, National Memorial Stupa, Takin Preserve and new National Textile Museum.
Overnight in Thimphu.
After breakfast, drive to Paro.
Enjoy an orientation tour of the major features in Paro town including Paro Dzong with its cantilever bridge and the National Museum to view the fine collection of ancient Thangkha paintings, textiles, weapons and other artifacts (due to reopen in 2015, if still under restoration some of the collection from the museum are available to be viewed in an alternative location in the valley).
In the afternoon, visit the 7th Century Kyichu Lhakhang, one of the 108 temples constructed by the Tibetan king Songtsen Gampo. Kyichu is built in a manner similar to the Jokhang in Lhasa. Inside there is a great golden image of Buddha Shakyamuni.
While in Paro we recommend a wander along the main street which offers good shopping for jewellery and handicrafts.
Overnight in Paro.
After breakfast hike up to Taktsang Monastery more commonly known as "The Tiger's Nest". The trail is broad and the uphill walk of approximately 2 hours takes you almost a kilometre above the Paro valley floor. For those who cannot hike we will arrange a pony for transfer up to the viewing point.
The view of Taktsang Monastery built on a sheer cliff face 900 metres above the valley floor is a spectacular sight. The Monastery is an important pilgrim site for the Buddhists. The great Guru Rimpoche is said to have flown here on the back of a tigress when he brought the teachings of the Buddhist Dharma to Bhutan in the 8th Century. He then meditated in a cave there for three months where the monastery was later built. Nearby there is a teahouse where you can stop for refreshments.
In the afternoon, time permiting, drive to the ruins of the 17th Century Drukgyel Dzong, an historic monument built by the Shabdrung to commemorate his victory against invading Tibetans in 1644. In fine weather the towering peak of the sacred Mount Jomolhari (7,314m) appears as a stunning backdrop.
Overnight in Paro.
Early morning transfer to the airport for your departure flight.
|Price per person in SGD|
4D3N Short Visit to Bhutan
|Valid from Sep 01, 2017 to Aug 31, 2018.|
|03 or More|
|Sep, Oct and Nov 2017||1271||1229||1104||126|
|Dec 2017, and Jan to Feb 2018||1062||1020||894||126|
|Mar, Apr & May 2018||1271||1229||1104||126|
|Jun, Jul and Aug 2018||1062||1020||894||126|
|Land prices do not include airfare to/from Paro. Kindly check with us for attractive Drukair airfare to Paro.|
- Bhutan Visa and visa application fee
- All royalties and government taxes, and small group surcharges, if any is payable
- All transfers and ground transportation in a private vehicle with an experienced driver
- 03 nights accommodation in twin-share room in selected local hotels/lodges
- All meals, excluding beverages
- Breakfasts in hotels
- Other meals in local restaurants
- Services of licensed English-speaking Bhutanese guide
- Drinking water for the duration of the tour (but not during meal times in restaurants)
- Guided touring with entrance fees to sights & monuments
- Air passage to/from Paro (please check with us for attractive airfare on Drukair)
- Travel insurance covering trip curtailment, emergency rescue and medical evacuation, insolvency of travel agency, etc. (please check with us for our travel insurance plans)
- Personal expenditure such as phone calls, internet access, all soft/hard beverages, laundry services, etc.
- Other options or expenses not mentioned in the Inclusions above
- Tips and gratuities for guide and driver
Drukair flight schedules
Singapore (SIN) to Paro (PBH)
TUE KB501 SIN/PBH 06:30/10:50 (high season from March to May)
THU KB501 SIN/PBH 06:30/10:50
SUN KB501 SIN/PBH 06:30/10:45
Paro (PBH) to Singapore (SIN)
MON KB500 PBH/SIN 08:05 16:25 (high season from March to May)
WED/SAT KB500 PBH/SIN 08:05 16:25