Spirit of Shackleton
21-day Spirit of Shackleton cruise from USD $15,399 per person.
Experience vast penguin rookeries and seal colonies on this awe-inspiring voyage to Antarctica, South Georgia, and the Falkland Islands. This 21-day voyage illuminates Ernest Shackleton’s legend and recounts his courageous exploration of Antarctica. You’ll visit historical sites of past explorers, as well as Shackleton’s final resting place – the wildlife-rich island of South Georgia. Antarctica is beyond comprehension and sure to amaze any traveller seeking a true adventure to the world’s most remote wilderness.
Arrive in Ushuaia at any time. Enjoy the sights and sounds of the world's most southerly city.
Enjoy a free morning in Ushuaia. Do any last minute shopping or explore the town or the surrounding countryside. Embarkation on the G Expedition begins in the afternoon at the port in Ushuaia. Enjoy the evening sailing through the Beagle Channel.
As the Expedition makes passage east, become acquainted with the ship. Begin lectures and information sessions about the extraordinary human and natural history of the Antarctic region.
The Falkland Islands provide a rare opportunity to witness the biological diversity and extraordinary scenery of the southern islands. Penguins and albatross are abundant here, and the Falklands have the largest black-browed albatross colony in the world. In Stanley, meet the hardy local inhabitants whose colourful houses provide contrast to the long, dark winters.
Sailing east, set course for South Georgia. Days at sea are filled with lectures to prepare for landings. Watch for the many whales that inhabit these waters.
Home to many interesting sites (including the grave of polar explorer Ernest Shackleton), South Georgia has several former whaling stations and boasts plenty of wildlife. Visiting a huge colony of king penguins is a major highlight of this part of the journey. Weather permitting, spend three full days exploring the island.
Sail for two days, retracing Shackleton's route backwards on course towards Elephant Island and the Antarctic Peninsula.
Experience some of the most unique wildlife and awe-inspiring scenery in the world while setting foot on the Antarctic continent. Attempt two shore landings per day (weather permitting), and encounter Gentoo, Chinstrap, and Adélie penguin rookeries; Weddell, crabeater, and leopard seals; and orca, humpback, and minke whales in the cold Antarctic waters. The peninsula also has a remarkable human history.
Reflect on a memorable adventure and take in some final lectures on route back to Ushuaia. Keep a careful lookout for a last chance to spot whales.
Disembark in the morning.
Pre/Post Cruise Add-On
Antarctic Pre/Post Cruise Add-On
The Antarctic Pre/Post Cruise Add-On is available to all passengers joining us for a cruise to Antarctica which starts and ends in Ushuaia.
Flight details for your Add-On: Upon arrival in Buenos Aires, you will receive a welcome package that will confirm your flight times to and from Ushuaia. Please note that you will not receive tickets for these flights prior to departure.
Flights from Buenos Aires to Ushuaia normally depart between 5:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. These will arrive into Ushuaia between 9 a.m. and 7:30 p.m respectively.
Flights from Ushuaia to Buenos Aires normally depart between 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. These will arrive into Buenos Aires between 2:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. respectively. To ensure smooth connection times between the flight from Ushuaia and your onward international flight, we recommend that onward travel be booked after 8 PM.
Your first night hotel in Buenos Aires will be the following: Hotel Boca Juniors D. Tacuari, 243 Buenos Aires, Argentina Tel: (+ 54 11) 5861 5010
Prices per person in USD dollars
- USD $15,399 ~ Category 1A Adult Quad
- USD $16,499 ~ Category 1 Adult Triple
- USD $ N.A. ~ Category 2 Adult Twin
- USD $22,499 ~ Category 3 Adult Twin
- USD $25,299 ~ Category 4 Adult Twin
- USD $28,599 ~ Category 5 Adult Double
- 19 nights aboard the G Expedition
- Arrival transfer from airport in Ushuaia to hotel
- Departure transfer from ship to airport in Ushuaia
- 1 night accommodation with breakfast in Ushuaia
- Zodiac cruises and shore landings with our expert expedition team
- Lectures and educational programs
- Waterproof boots supplied for USA size 6 - 16
- Expedition parka
- Antarctica destination guidebook
- All meals included aboard the G Expedition. Breakfast included at the hotel.
- G Expedition, Zodiac, private bus.
- 1 Expedition team member per 10 guests.
- Twin-share hotel (1 night), aboard the G Expedition in quad, triple, twin-share cabins, or suites (all with en suite bathrooms and porthole or window) (19 nights). Please note that all cabins consist of twin-size berths and are ocean-facing. Suites have 1 queen-size bed.
- International flights, airport taxes, departure transfer
- Visas where required
- Meals not included in the itinerary
- Drinks and tips while on the ship
- Insurance, laundry, any optional tours or activities during free time, tips, items of a personal nature
- Nov 23 - Dec 13, 2016
- Jan 11-31, 2017